Friday, February 12, 2016

"I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice more than anything else, and I can change that(poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that i would change it.  
 ~ Dr. Ben Carson  
What this quote is saying that anyone who is born in a family with poverty issues can become very successful and poverty won't be an issue anymore. I believe that if you work hard and set your mind to something you can become successful at it. Once you've reached your goal you will either be proud of yourself or continue to do better and prove to others that it doesn't matter where you come from because you have now proven what you are capable of doing. I really like this quote because it shows how strong a person can be when facing poverty issues. If someone was in this same situation, they would be inspired to work harder so that in the future they do not face economic struggles. In the future, success will bring you happiness to know that you studied so hard most of your life, and you reached your goals. When you focus on school, education offers any opportunities for us to follow the path  of success. Just like Dr. Ben Carson was successful by doing good in school, I plan to follow his footsteps by doing my best in school. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment